Alice: Madness Returns is the sequel to the 2000 title American McGee's Alice, which was developed by Spicy Horse. Originally, the game was given the name The Return of American McGee's Alice, but was later confirmed to be released as Alice: Madness Returns. In the United States, the game was released on June 14th, 2011, June 16th for Europe and June 17th for the United Kingdom.
PewDiePie began playing Alice: Madness Returns on April 16th, 2013 and since has not completed the series. Pewdie revealed on the BroKen Podcast #1 that he "actually lost the save file" and was "not going to replay the most repetitive game of all time just to keep playing it".
As a sequel to the first game, American McGee's Alice, Alice Liddell has since left her institution in the asylum where she spent a majority of her life driven insane after escaping a house fire that left her parents and sister dead. Now 19 years old, she resides in an orphanage in Victorian London under the psychiatric care of Doctor Bumby who tries to hypnotize her into forgetting her bad memories. Yet, Alice still cannot forget the events that shaped her childhood; continuing to believe she holds responsibility in the death of her family. Reengaging herself into Wonderland, she goes on a long journey to get to the center of the hidden truth of the past.
- Part 1 - WE'RE GOING TO WONDERLAND!
- Part 2 - THIS GAME IS NORMAL...
- Part 3 - WE'RE GOING TO THE HATTER!
- Part 4 - WHATEVER ALICE!
- Part 5 - I'M ON MY PERIOD!
- Part 6 - DRUNK ALICE
- Part 7 - HOT & COLD
- Part 8 - GREATEST BOSS BATTLE IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY!
- Part 9 - THESE MONSTERS MAKE ME NOPE!
- Part 10 - I BECAME A BUTTERFLY!
- Part 11 - CAN YOU SPOT THE OCTOPUS?
- Part 12 - SCP MONSTER?!
- Part 13 - MOST EVIL CREATURE IN VIDEO GAMES
- Part 14 - WE'RE FINALLY BACK!
- Part 15 - MY NEW DRESS IS SO PRETTY!